What you will do
The Sr Advanced Solutions Digital Sales position is part of our Building Technology & Solutions business with Johnson Controls. Due to our growth we are adding several of these virtual positions on to our teams throughout the US. Our Digital Technology (DT) business is growing at a very fast pace. Our teams are outcome based sellers developing and implementing technology solutions that link building, Information Technology/Business Systems and Specialty systems into a single converged network to achieve our customers’ desired business outcomes. Our DT solutions will reduce our customers’ capital and operating costs and improve the functionality of the building by providing an intelligent communications network to exchange data, automate actions and provide critical information required to optimize systems and people performance throughout the life cycle of the building.
The DT team provides the missing “technology” piece and supports the local market’s channel efforts to identify, propose, sell and deliver new construction; prime retrofit and technology refresh scopes of work. We help sales deliver Internet of Things (IoT) outcomes through systems integration, design-assist, and converged technology solutions, producing smarter buildings.
How you will do it
Under general direction, delivers planned business results of advanced solutions, including Data Enabled Offerings, through Strategic Accounts, Performance Infrastructure (energy solutions), Local Market Owner Accounts, and Connected Technologies. Works with account managers and selling teams in key verticals to identify, qualify, and close opportunities. Knowledge in software as a service sales, enterprise software analytics, and use of advanced data analytics/AI. Skills required for the role include consultative selling, differentiating offerings from competitors, and understanding the owner sales process. Responsibility includes direct sales of offerings through these channels. Drives pipeline growth and maturation. Educates the field resources and directly sells solutions. Responsible to use evaluation criteria for construction and account opportunities to improve efficiency and hit rates. Provides input & feedback into future offering development & refinement. Identifies tangible outcomes through use cases to improve value proposition (i.e. savings achievement from previous wins, customer ROI) for target verticals. Works with the Advanced Solutions Digital development team to drive customer satisfaction and future offering refinement.
- Directly responsible for exceeding sales plans on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis for Advanced Solutions Digital offerings.
- Provides accurate and timely monthly forecast and tracked using approved systems.
- Develops and presents your monthly business review of KPIs for your assign areas of responsibility.
- Teams with Performance Infrastructure, Local Market Key Accounts, and Strategic Accounts managers and Connected Technologies to uncover customer needs, provide additional value, and align Advanced Solutions offerings to pain points for assigned accounts. Actively looks for enhancement, upgrade and white-space opportunities to improve sales and account wallet share.
- Responsible for providing business and technical expertise to qualify opportunities and position Advanced Solutions Digital offerings with our customers. Comfortable working with and understanding needs of multiple departments and levels within the customer’s organization.
- Participates in STAR & TAS Reviews for your assigned areas and channels to pinpoint solution opportunities.
- Position may expand to include maintaining a working knowledge of industry trends in Data Science, Data Analytics, IoT, Enterprise Software Integration, and Software as a Service business models.
- Brings Digital Solutions subject matter experts into opportunities, as necessary, to demonstrate solution with customers.
- Provides input & feedback into current and future advanced solutions offering development & refinement, including voice of customer and voice of BSNA organization. Identification of new solution for unmet customer needs by working with BWSI Ecosystem Team and partners to fulfill customer requirements when our Global Products team is not able to address defined needs
- Actively participates in industry professional groups and speaking engagements.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, a related field or equivalent experience, Master’s preferred.
- Prefer 10 years plus of demonstrated experience in enterprise software sales, data analytics, IT or other technology solutions sales, including direct to owner sales experience.
- Demonstrated consultative selling skills and ability to connect innovative solutions to customer needs.
- Strong business acumen demonstrated, including business case development, strong teaming and collaboration skills, achievement oriented and highly savvy in technology and digital information.
- Candidate should be adaptive, agile and demonstrate curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Prefer some large corporation experience, matrixed organization.
- Willing to travel as needed
Who we are
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law
To apply for this job please visit johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com.