About IoT World
IoT World Today connects IoT decision-makers and implementers, including those in the C-suite, IT, and line-of-business managers. We inspire them by providing the latest news and analysis, and case studies about technologies used in the Internet of Things, such as infrastructure, security, analytics, and development tools.
IoT World Today also conducts original research to provide unique insight into the state of IoT implementation as well as challenges and opportunities for key players. We are the companion website and exclusive content outlet for the IoT World trade show and conference series — the world’s largest IoT events — and feature advice and best practices from the subject matter experts who drive those events.
About Informa Tech
Informa Tech is a market-leading provider of research, media, training, and events to the global Technology community. We’re an international business of more than 1,000 colleagues, operating in more than 20 markets. Our aim is to inspire the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training, and event brands that inform, educate, and connect.
Over 14,000 professionals subscribe to our research, with 225,000 delegates attending our events and more than 18,000 students participating in our training programs each year, and nearly 4 million people visiting our digital communities each month.
Grow and expand sales through selling event, live, and virtual, media, digital plus consulting services to a broad range of customers in AI & IOT Technology, pillar. Oversees the customer relationship, determining customers’ needs—what they’re looking to achieve short-term and long-term plus ensuring Informa Tech delivers and exceeds the customer expectations.
Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
- Full customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit (not limited to)
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your accounts
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Building and executing retention and new business development strategy to grow and expand within new and existing Customers including upsetting and cross-selling
- Achieving revenue targets, proactively responding to inbound inquiries and self-generated leads based on a deep market and product understanding
- Accurately positioning Informa Tech’s products, solutions, and services as a solution for market and business challenges that meet the Customers needs
- Reporting accurate forecasting and performance metrics to key internal and external stakeholders, highlighting revenue risks and opportunities
- Manage projects and engage in project management duties within Customer relationships, working to carry out and deliver Customer goals while meeting company goals
- Coordinate with colleagues working on the same account to ensure consistent service
- Service multiple Customers concurrently, meeting and exceeding deadlines
- Keep Customer information/records up to date such as interactions, transactions, account plans, and records on the Informa CRM system.
- Build a social media presence through social selling
- Liaise with colleagues to keep your knowledge of new and existing products, services, and solutions up to date
- Share news and insight with all internal colleagues
- Proactively develop yourself, keep abreast of the changing landscape, and have a personal development plan utilizing the Informa Tech Sales Excellence Competencies.
- keep up to date with current market conditions and competitors’ products
- Attend key Informa and industry-relevant competitor events.
- Work on projects across the business as and when required
What You’ll Produce
- Sales/Revenue/Profit through day-to-day account management
- Develop, implement, and measure the success of a Customer/Client Account plan/strategy.
- Sales forecasts
- Effective sales reporting, performance metrics to the business on delivery vs. targets, risks, and opportunities.
- Customer retention and acquisition strategy, delivery and evaluation
- Improve productivity and quality outputs
- Identifies strategies to maximize Informa Tech to drive incremental Sales/Growth.
- Timely and robust renewal/rebook discussions
- New business through personally sourced leads
- Plans to grow and expand in the current account
- IS the voice of the Customer for product/Event/solution development
Experience & Qualifications
- 5 years of experience selling on events, tech, or media with a focus selling into enterprise organizations
- Proven industry experience within a Sales B2B/B2C environment.
- Demonstrable experience/track record as a top-performing individual contributor in a solutions-based B2B environment. Being a team player within a sales team beyond an individual’s needs.
- Has an established network of customers in one or more sectors and a proven track record in new business. Can identify new revenue opportunities and maximize product potential.
- Working knowledge of the AI & IoT industry, marketplace, and the business models within it.
Why Work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa, that’s why we continually invest in our colleagues and culture so it remains a dynamic, modern and welcoming place to work. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates we are also flexible with different working patterns, prioritizes internal promotions, and get:
- To work for the largest publicly owned events business with plentiful opportunities to grow and develop
- Clear learning and development (L&D) plans to assist with your career growth and goal achievement
- 15 days PTO, 10 days sick leave, 9 national holidays, 4 volunteering days, plus birthday PTO
- Competitive medial & health benefits, including vision and dental
- Employer-sponsored retirement plan with 401(k) match
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuters benefit – save money on transportation
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) – buy Informa stock with a guaranteed discount
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.