CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Dir Sales I (Enterprise) develops and ensures attainment of new sales/revenue and margin growth for strategic accounts which contribute to the company’s bottom line. The Dir Sales staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. The Dir Sales establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the assigned area and contributes to the training development for the sales team.
- Formulates account strategies to grow the business and the relationships within large accounts. Develops new business opportunities with partner companies with complementary technology.
- Builds a high-performance team. Hires and retains the right talent in the right roles, sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable, develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and act.
- Demonstrates Company’s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change, provides timely information, communicates context for business decisions, recognizes accomplishments and fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- Develops and maintains account plans and detailed financial forecasts. Conducts accurate sales forecasts and achieves sales targets.
- Develops and executes sales plans such as sector strategies, hiring plans, territory management systems, and compensation plans.
- Oversees and participates in programs that ensure the attainment of expense objectives and will recommend programs to control and correct budget overruns.
- Owns several key sales support processes which may include opportunity and forecast management, the overall sales process, territory/customer-prospect module management and sales certification.
- Supports and develops initiatives across sales and the company primarily focused on sales productivity and efficiency. Expands opportunities into untapped product portfolios and develops sales propositions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of applicable education and experience required.
- 8 years of relevant job experience with similar essential duties.
- Driver’s license may be required.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Strategic planning, account management and contract negotiations skills required.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities and ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of applicable education and experience required; MBA or related graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated sales management experience (at least 5-6 years) in telecommunications sales and sales leadership experience.
- A track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals.
- Success leading and managing sales teams.
- Proven ability to hire, manage, mentor and motivate successful, solution-oriented sales teams.
- Strong record in developing and assigning geographic territories and customer/prospect modules.
- Business/financial background is helpful.
- Experience is consultative sales techniques and account planning (including account profiling, account positioning strategy, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, service improvement planning, and long-range account management strategies.
Alternate Location:US-Virginia-Arlington; US-Virginia-Ashburn
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.centurylink.com.