Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey. Title: Regional Sales Director, Commercial with strong knowledge of the Channel Go-To-Market.
Due to our expansive growth we are seeking an exceptional sales leader to join our team as Regional Sales Director working from our Vancouver office. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a proven track record in selling enterprise software solutions to mid-size organizations, experience successfully leading front line sales teams, and a history of overachieving team quotas and knowledge of the channel.
Regional Sales Director’s are responsible for hiring, training, developing, and leading a successful team of Geographically aligned Regional Sales Managers that are focused on new logo acquisition and account expansion while consistently exceeding quarterly and annual quotas for the assigned region. You will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk. Are you up for the challenge?
What We Offer You:
- An opportunity to drive significant shareholder, customer and employee value.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our sales talent through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A constant stream of new things to learn.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire the right team to match our growth, be a player /coach, hands on with the team? The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Sales Engineering to Customer Support and Partner Channels.
- An open, supportive, and collaborative work environment.
- You will accurately forecast quarterly, and annual revenue numbers for assigned region, dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- You will direct sales activities within assigned area, set expectations, provide mentorship, prioritize efforts, hold the team accountable for building pipeline and executing each phase of the sales cycle.
- You will coach sales team to uncover new opportunities, develop net new logos, build champions, present specific use cases, demonstrate the differentiated value of Splunk products and services, and negotiate favorable pricing and terms by selling value and return on investment.
- You will recruit, hire, onboard, and retain a high-performing sales team: Inspire, empower, coach and motivate, while pairing business and revenue objectives with appropriate growth initiatives.
- You will train new hires on sales process, ensure standards of success are clearly articulated.
- You will consistently deliver license, support and service revenue targets – ensuring company revenue goals, and that objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year.
- You will work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources; collaborate with sales engineering, channels/alliances, professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a flawless customer experience.
- You will work closely with Channel Partner leadership to drive a Commercial Go-To-Market motion.
- You will use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively.
- 3+ years’ experience building and leading sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus.
- 5+ years direct and channel enterprise software selling experience is required.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics.
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC/MEDDPICC and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus.
- Ability to work out of our Plano, TX.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
To apply for this job please visit www.splunk.com.