To increase and maintain sales revenues within designated territory. Promote and influencing the sale of entire line of products and services consistent with guidelines and strategy set forth by the company. To manage given territory which includes but is not limited to profitable sales, sales calls, sales action planning, formal reporting of sales activities, credit resolution, LEED and Project Review submittals, problem solving, technical assistance and assistance with accounts receivables well as any other duties, within company guidelines, required to service the customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop and implement a sales action plan including budgeting and sales forecasts that will generate new sales and maintain existing sales.
- Utilize sales tools and selling systems provided by the company, such as Lotus Notes, Salesforce.com, Technical databases including technical central databases.
- Implement sales promotion programs.
- To implement new marketing programs and prepare presentations for customer base when needed.
- Cultivate existing accounts and manage as needed, including inspections at customer locations and construction sites.
- Plan, set up, and manage trade shows and trade show activities for the primary operational facility/territory.
- Compliance with all federal, state, local laws and regulations that affect the Sales Department.
- To maintain sales reports and communicate customer activity, competitor activity, and any other pertinent information relating to the overall market conditions.
- To follow all procedures set forth by the plant/company.
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered for a Sales Representative position, the following conditions must be met:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience required
- Ability to forecast, analyze, and strategize
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivation, and ability to work independently and prioritize work
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities in the field and within our support staff critical
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations with numbers, fractions, and decimals normally acquired through experience and formal education
- Computer skills required, MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Automobile, Standard office environment as such but not limited to: Laptop or desktop computers, cell phone, copiers, scanner, desk phone, fax, calculator, and printers
- Follow plant safety procedures when in home plant facility including wearing necessary safety equipment while out on the plant floor. Follow all plant safety procedures while in a customer plant facility. PPE required while on the production floor at all times.
- Field inspection safety requirements are hardhat, gloves, shoes and safety glasses.
- When handling glass, sleeves or tuff n lite are required in addition to the aforementioned as well as steel tipped boots.
- If the construction site requires additional equipment, compliance is required. Consult with the customer or the job superintendent for specifics before a field visit is made.
- While visiting clients or contructions sites, appropriate footware is required (no open shoes or heels)
- The company has issued gloves, sleeves, hardhat, and safety glasses.
- The employee is responsible for the purchase steel tipped boots with a reimbursement by the plant. See Human Resources for reimbursement policy.
- Extensive travel, primarily via automobile but occasional air or train travel.
- Exposure to varied conditions in the field, glass facilities, manufacturing facilities, construction sites. Conditions will vary depending upon customer type and/or job site location and condition.
- Exposure to company’s plant shop floor as required. Conditions while on the plant floor include heat generated from tempering ovens, material odors and other airborne items present in the air within acceptable NIOSH levels.