The Senior Manager, Sales Planning is responsible for leading a highly functioning team in developing and delivering compelling category growth for our customers derived from brand business plans and deployed in partnership with the sales and merchandising organization. The Senior Manager has accountability to maximize the distribution of seasonal assortments and drive commercialization and innovation through distribution, pricing, shelf and merchandising initiatives across all product categories. This position will work as a cross functional leader in the development of strategic channel and customer programs, optimized assortments and seasonal recommendations and is accountable to deliver sales and profitability metrics for both Marmot and ExOfficio brands.
- Oversees the sales planning team who will provide customer trends and insights that inform short- and long-term development opportunities.
- Leads and development a highly functioning sales planning team comprised of managers, planners and analysts. Drives career development and engagement.
- Key cross functional leader internally and externally with the ability to collaborate, problem solve and influence.
- Drives long term sales, margin and inventory goals through oversight of robust pre-season strategies and in-season plans to hit budget and mitigate risk. Identifies risks and counter measures with team.
- Understands brand and customer priorities and uses the planning process to drive strategic alignment. Strategizes with customers on business trends, sales opportunity and path to deliver financial plan.
- Recommends seasonal and annual sku assortment priorities, delivers financial targets and drives synergies across customers and brands that enable sales growth. Manages assortment mix to maximize sales and profitability.
- Manages the development of high-quality SKU level demand plan by utilizing best-practice processes including statistical forecasting, knowledge of the business and robust cross-functional collaboration.
- Oversees monthly forecast process and roll-ups that drive strategic in season action plans, mitigating risk, optimizing inventory and driving to financial goals for the businesses.
- Utilizes consumer and product insights to drive annual planning processes in tandem with sales, merchandising and finance.
- University or four-year college
- MBA preferred
- Skilled in channel management, brand management and merchandise planning, ecommerce experience preferred.
- Eight (8) or more years of purchasing, buying or merchandise planning.
- Excellent understanding of forecasting and forecast analysis techniques along with their financial and operational impacts.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to document detailed process and functional specifications as required.
- Proven successful track record on cross-functional team projects, including leading teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate across functional departments and levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to build a business case for proposed solutions.
- Strong strategic skills with ability and vision to map out “future state” business processes.
- Ability to travel as needed to support our business needs.
- Experience with MRP/ERP, SAP AFS systems and the ability to optimize settings and performance a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.newellbrands.com.