The NGS Territory Sales Manager is responsible for leading the promotion and sales of IDT’s NGS portfolio of products, including custom oligonucleotide solutions across key application areas such as library preparation and targeted enrichment. This role requires strategic and consistent delivery of customer support and satisfaction, while managing internal stakeholders, prospecting and driving customer consultations and partnerships within the assigned territory to achieve profit and revenue growth goals.
- Develops and manages assigned accounts strategically in order to deliver solutions and drive revenue growth
- Researches and understands territory growth opportunities for developing an effective business plan and sales strategy
- Maintains and develops strategic partnerships with key customers and leverages internal resources, when necessary, to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Develops the client relationship by understanding both short-term and long-term needs/goals for optimal positioning of IDT’s products and services
- Schedules sales calls and travel itinerary to address customer needs and executes sales strategies through timely follow up, including detailed notes captured through CRM/Salesforce.com
- Builds in-depth knowledge of CRM and funnel management tools and applies these skills consistently to forecast business, manage customer opportunities, build opportunity pipeline, and make business decisions. Maintains records and communications with customer base through CRM tool.
- Communicates with internal sales/customer support service on all customer-related business.
- Builds sales rapport and business acumen with all customers.
- Prospects new accounts and prepares information for all sales calls to secure new customers.
- Educates and provides customers with current product sales information.
- Researches and evaluates competitor’s products for internal communications and effective product positioning for a successful sale.
- Participates in exhibitions where assigned and provides quantitative and qualitative feedback on assigned exhibitions
- Maintains regular and informative communications with all other team members, including cross-functional collaboration with Product Managers, Application Scientists, Inside Sales, etc.
- Strictly adheres to all company compliance policies and demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies and Danaher Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a Life Science field or Bachelor’s degree with relevant Life Sciences sales experience required.
- PhD in a Life Science field preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Five years of prior NGS sales experience required; preferably in life science reagents/consumables.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets for at least 3 years is required.
- Prior sales management preferred.
- Residing in the assigned region and extensive familiarity with existing academic, corporate, and government accounts in the region is required.
- Broad applications experience within NGS and working knowledge of accounts in assigned territory preferred.
- Previous laboratory experience required
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans to achieve defined goals.
- In depth knowledge of SalesForce.com and working knowledge of PowerBI
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels of customers
- Proven track record of driving profitable revenue and market share growth, demonstrated over a sustained period of time.
- Adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Outstanding prospecting, territory management, lead management, negotiation and closing skills. Ability to coach less senior team members as part of their development.
Travel Requirements (anything requiring overnight stay):
- Around 25-50% in the assigned territory
Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
- 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible U.S. associates
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
To apply for this job please visit jobs.danaher.com.