The Director of Digital Solutions will provide strategic leadership related to online business processes, industry best practices, improve accessibility, functionality and provide developmental and sales solution expertise to employees and consultancy expertise to customers advancing the growth of Digital sales. Lead the team and drive digital business across the organization.
- Develop sales organization on how to uncover customer needs – providing proper digital tools, i.e., quotations, projects, purchasing, inventory, invoicing, etc.
- Work with the sales organization and management to identify customer targets for implementation of digital solutions
- Identify issues/obstacles that potentially could restrict the growth of digital. Work with the Sonebiz team to resolve issues that impact customer functionality and improve ease of use.
- Track sales ordered via digital solutions. Work with Sales and Branch management to develop plans to increase the use of digital solutions throughout the IES footprint and customer segments.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop appropriate training material and literature to promote online solutions.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to collect data (including contact lists) required to generate effective electronic marketing and advertising campaigns, i.e., solutions adoption, penetration, etc.
- Participate in and contribute on regular status meetings with digital project teams associated with new business solutions development or customer implementation.
- Responsible for managing for both prospective and existing E-Commerce business relationships
- Conduct research and analysis of digital business development opportunities and assess potential markets to make recommendations for strategic business development and marketing decisions.
- Responsible for strategizing and forecasting E-Commerce business development models to maximize market share and profit.
- Development of new E-Commerce business opportunities as well as targeting of specific customers, channels and business segments, i.e., Commercial, Industrial, Residential, etc., as necessary to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Responsible to articulate the digital strategy throughout IES, client base, potential customer base that is both broadly understood and easily actionable.
- Provide a clear understanding of E-Commerce to our customer’s business to create a strong value proposition by demonstrating knowledge of our solutions and industry best practices. Share appropriate solution(s) to innovatively solve customer’s problems.
- Plan and evaluate E-Commerce projects and strategic solution alliances by performing market research, analyzing new trends and determining financial viability
- Evaluate E- Commerce financial results for organization/segment/branches that will lead to positive impact to the long-term growth and profitability; financial results, customer relationships, and associate relations
- Understanding of how digital tools and the flow of information and processes, i.e., quotes, ordering, inventory/ inventory management, purchasing, projects, etc., fit within the electrical distribution business
- Develop methods and tools for sales organization to track and measure customer-specific- E-Commerce business adoption, i.e., business leads, activation, contact penetration
- Bachelor’s degree required or industry experience
- Three to five years related experience
- Extensive sales and marketing experience with specific focus in digital solutions
- Through previous background and experience, the candidate must be able to demonstrate, with or without an accommodation:
- Proven ability to develop and maintain successful sales teams
- Ability to effectively represent the company’s strategic vision and goals throughout the organization
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and accurately forecast annual revenue
- Ability to manage high-level multiple tasks and prioritize work flow
- Proven ability to lead, manage & close new business
- Strong business acumen, communication, presentation and analytical skills required
- Proven experience in managing change throughout the organization
- Possess in depth knowledge of IES computer systems, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Must be a team player and abide by IES’s strong core values and beliefs.
About Independent Electric Supply
Independent Electric Supply, Inc. (IES) opened in 1976 with ten employees to serve electrical contractors working in the high-tech aerospace industry. Today, IES operates 16 electrical supply branches in the Northern California area, San Francisco Bay area, Central Valley, Central Coast and 7 locations throughout Arizona. IES focuses on traditional electrical supply with dedicated specialists in lighting, switchgear, wire management, tool & safety, renewable energy and enhance logistics solutions to meet specific customer needs. Employing more than 525 people and managing over 1 million square feet of warehouse space, IES is one of the strongest electrical distributors in the markets we serve.
In August 2011, IES was acquired by Sonepar USA consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sonepar-us.com.