At ChemPoint, we focus on account management and retention of our valued customer base. This essential function is handled by an Industry Representative who is an integral part of a multi-disciplinary sales team. Industry Representatives are responsible for meeting Sales Goals and building profitable sales, primarily by phone, employing a consultative sales approach within a specific industry-focused territory. The Industry Representative develops and maintains a long-term partnership with customers by evaluating needs & opportunities within customer accounts and negotiates effectively to overcome obstacles and gain customer commitment.
- Develop relationships with customers within assigned territory, ranging from small/medium businesses to larger complex organizations.
- Communicate with new people every day, developing long-term partnerships with your customers while building trust and rapport.
- Maintain understanding of customer’s business, including their decision-making process, industry needs, trends, and competitive situation.
- You will work in a team-based, telephone-driven sales environment that favors a targeted, tactical sales approach.
- Perform collaboratively with your other sales team members to drive account growth.
- Develop technical expertise and knowledge of ChemPoint product offerings.
- Maintain and develop customer profiles within CRM.
- You will develop and maintain strong market awareness and share your insights with your team.
- Sales and/or marketing experience, or chemical industry background with strong desire to develop a professional career.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills, including the ability to engage a wide variety of personality types at various professional skill-levels.
- High-energy level paired with curiosity and keen desire to learn and understand business issues in a dynamic, aggressively-growing company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills is required. CRM or other database experience, and familiarity with web-based applications highly desired.
To apply for this job please visit careers.univarsolutions.com.