At ChemPoint, the Market Developer for the Lubricants and Energy Team acts as a technical product specialist, securing new business for Lubricant Additives and Modifiers. Market Developers proactively call customers to promote the value of these products and function as consultative product experts for the sales team. In this role you will identify specific market and customer trends which lead to future proactive sales efforts. You will receive inbound requests, engage in troubleshooting and collaborate with our suppliers to suggest new products to develop.
You present solutions and achievements to a wide-ranging audience, including your customers, teammates, and suppliers. Your consultative approach, technical knowledge, and natural curiosity are central reasons customers keep coming back with requests. Your initiative, curiosity, and creativity will turn a problem into an improved product, and a prospect into a long-term customer.
- Execute sales campaigns by performing targeted technical sales calls, interacting with product specifiers and technical/R&D personnel to identify, test, and refine product value propositions and summarize findings.
- Supports Product Line growth by managing sales opportunities through the full sales cycle (concept to closing)
- Develops and demonstrates technical competency for select product lines by working closely with Product Managers, technical supplier contacts, and customers to gain market-focused insight.
- Leads and assists sales representatives with technical sales calls to support application development and make effective product recommendations.
- Keep up to date with industry and global trends and shares learning with the team
- Maintains current knowledge of industry and global trends sharing learnings with the team; participates in relevant trade shows and supplier-facing meetings.
- 5+ years’ sales/industry/product experience – industrial lubricant experience preferred
- Experience and sound knowledge of using PC and Windows OS.
- Knowledge and experience working with MS Office Suite, with strong Excel skills.
- Four-year degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or other technical background, field or lab experience strongly preferred.
Univar Solutions/ChemPoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
To apply for this job please visit careers.univarsolutions.com.