DIRECTOR, SALES ENGINEERING – SLED
LOCATION: MAJOR METROPOLITAN CITY, US
Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Innovation is in our hearts – from technology to the way we do business.
JOB DESCRIPTION: THAT’S A COOL JOB! I WANT IT!
We are seeking an outstanding pre-sales leader to join our team as Director of SLED Sales Engineering (Pre-sales). In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you possess a measurable track record in building and leading high performing organizations. You will play a meaningful role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
- SLED Director will be expected to manage roughly a $100M business
- Extensive knowledge of US State & Local and Higher Education markets and working knowledge of specific customers
- This Leader will be responsible for a large territory with 8+ sales districts, 5 SE teams, 50+ SE’s
- You are an experienced manager of managers and directly lead pre-sales teams, working closely with sales and professional services
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions involve negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Establishes clear goals, objectives, and priorities that communicate a vision of the future for their function and organization.
- Help deliver ambitious license, support and service revenue targets
- Drive customer success and help expand deployments and use cases
- You will utilize in-house talent as well as grow and enable partner resources
- Player/coach, hands-on with the team, understand and demonstrate Splunk technically to all levels of the enterprise
- You work with Regional Sales directors with account planning, strategy, and sales calls
- You have the expertise in hiring the right team to match our growth
- Actively promotes the recruitment, advancement, and success of people of diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Work within Splunk sales methodology and processes effectively
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- Has the ability to influence key decisions across cross-functional organizations and at the internal and external executive management level
- Minimum 7 years of SE Leadership experience
- 15 years professional experience
- Software Sales Engineering experience
- Extensive SLED experience is a firm requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or meaningful relevant on the job experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Gartner’s 2020 Magic Quadrant Leader for SIEM
- Named Top 5 on the 2020 Fortune Future 50 list
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” for Women, Parents, and in Technology
- Chief Technical Adviser for Public Sector, Juliana Vida, named as one of Washington Exec’s Top 25 Cyber Execs
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership, and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you’ll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers’ success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.