Intrigue prospects. Drive growth. Achieve goals.
Help increase growth as an essential part of our Business Development team.
The role you’ll play:
The CB Insights Account Executive will guide qualified prospects toward becoming new customers. You will spend the majority of your time demoing prospects on our web-based products and following up with them with an eye on closing new business. You will be product and industry knowledgeable (venture capital and technology should get you excited), and excited about building and managing your own book of business. This is a unique sales opportunity to enter into a high-growth company that has found product-market fit, but which is (very) far from exhausting its addressable market. This role reports into a Director of Sales.
About the BD team:
Working as an Account Executive at CB Insights gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the greatest sales teams. This group works together to achieve very lofty new revenue targets, while being some of the most talented and hardworking sales people around. Additionally, there is no better Sales Development Representative team working with you to set you up with the best opportunities to close. If you want to grow your career, work with some incredible minds in sales, and be a part of a motivated yet supportive team, the AE role at CB Insights is perfect for you.
Your main tasks:
- Own, lead, and guide the full sales cycle from first contact through contract negotiation/close
- Dig in and be hands on in learning the product, and use your presentation skills through web-based product demonstrations
- Achieve sales targets through identifying, qualifying, and closing business
- Maintain updated sales records and prospect status in salesforce.com with an eye toward a balanced pipeline
- Collaborate across both sales and product teams to ensure prospects get timely, conducive information that increases product knowledge & interest
- Forecast your personal sales activity, revenue achievement, and update activity/prospect status in regular sales meetings
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelors degree (or relevant work experience)
- 4+ years experience selling software or technology solutions, services, or applications
- Must have SaaS experience
- 3+ years of experience building a pipeline, qualifying, and identifying deals you can close
- Strong communication and persuading skills
- Top performance in prior roles, with growing levels of responsibility
- Advanced working knowledge of technology, venture capital and emerging industry trends
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture with people who work hard, have high standards, humility, hunger, and helpfulness. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.