We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
The talent, dedication and spirit of PIMCO’s people are the most important factors in our success as a global investment solutions provider over the last four decades.
PIMCO’s Global Wealth Management division is currently seeking an Account Associate, Internal Sales to join our team.
The mission of an Account Associate (“AA”), working in close partnership with a field-based Account Manager (“AM”), is to develop and maintain meaningful client relationships with financial advisors (at wirehouses, regional and independent broker/dealers) in a geographic territory for the purpose of acquiring and retaining mutual fund and other professionally managed assets.
Location: This position is available in Austin, TX
What you’ll do:
- Have a real passion for, and remain well-informed on, the financial markets, the global economic environment, asset allocation, investment vehicles and the overall financial services industry
- Achieve high levels of substantive client interaction – via phone, e-mail, screen-sharing, and at times, in-person meetings (territory travel, industry conferences, due diligence, etc.)
- Successfully establish an understanding of the nature and needs of our clients varying business practices
- Confidently provide relevant market insight, product information, investment ideas and sales support
- Strategically handle activities in the territory, including contributions to the formation and implementation of a business plan
- Seek to be empowered to think and act like effective business leaders, assuming full responsibility for development of certain client segments
- Recognize ongoing training and continuing education are critical to cultivating the strongest client relationships. Numerous AAs have attained CFA, CIMA, CAIA, and other industry designations with firm support
- Be ready to make a difference on the team by participating in department meetings, engaging colleagues across different PIMCO functions, participating and leading working groups, sharing unique ideas, fully utilizing continuous mentoring and training, etc.
- Develop a long-term career with PIMCO, with the potential to serve clients and the firm in various ways over time. A number of experienced and dedicated AAs have transitioned to account management, strategic accounts, and client-facing roles in other distribution channels
- Have excellent people skills: you love to pay attention to people, are engaging, and almost never run out of relevant things to discuss
- Friendly, and genuinely enjoy working in a team environment, yet ready to run with projects independently
- Relationship building is a key part of your life
- Passionate about financial markets and investments
- Known for your strong verbal and written communication skills
- Inquisitive, and have a natural thirst for knowledge
- Looking for a good challenge, big or small
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licensed
- A firm believer that given enough time and resources, you can achieve any goal
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office
To apply for this job please visit careers.pimco.com.